Postpartum Depression Is Real
Postpartum depression is multidimensional: it’s biological, emotional, and situational. It’s complicated and unique to each person. Whatever your postpartum depression looks like is what it looks like to you.
Postpartum life is a huge amount to handle as it is, even without depression. At Tribeca Maternity, we understand that you need to have your needs met, whatever that looks like, and we can help make that a reality. You need to not be alone in this process. We won’t let you be.
We Won’t Just Talk: We’ll Create a Plan to Get Your Needs Met
Your postpartum needs may be buried under diapers, bottles, and breast milk, but when experiencing postpartum depression, you need care. We’ll help you:
- Create an active, logistical plan to get you the care you need
- Unpack and process what’s happening to you, your baby, and your family
- Find ways to take the time you need for yourself
- Figure out the support system you need while dealing with postpartum depression
Postpartum Depression Affects Couples Too
Postpartum depression poses its own unique challenges for couples. When one partner is experiencing postpartum depression, both may feel alone, causing a lot to happen in isolation. In couples therapy, we’ll help you:
- Create a collaborative co-parenting plan
- Talk through how postpartum depression has felt in the relationship
- Explain what’s been going on for each partner
- Figure out what both partners need to get unstuck
- Make space just to talk to each other
Together we’ll help you get through this, while still getting the whole family’s needs met.